Services > Interconnect
Negotiation of agreements and management of interconnect departments
- National Interconnection
Interconnect revenues and expenses are usually the largest cash flows in a telecommunications carrier; this is especially so for new entrants with small market shares and for whom most calls are off-net. Such interconnection fees can be larger than retail revenues in the first years of operation.
Compounding this is the confusion arising from recent South African Government interventions in interconnect termination rates, especially ignoring new generation technologies such as VOIP. This makes business planning for a new telco extremely risky. In the absence of regulation on these rates negotiations between a new entrant and an existing major telco need to be handled optimally and concluded at rates which will allow the new telco to survive.
NewGen Consultants have vast executive experience in both late entrant telcos as well as the older dominant telcos and thus bring an appreciation of both party’s positions to the negotiation.
- International Interconnection
- Since deregulation the South African telcos are all entitled to implement and manage their own international gateways. The tendency is thus to dis-intermediate third-party carriers. And the huge selection of suitable carriers and their volatile termination rates, implies that conclusion of optimal agreements at a wholesale level will facilitate competitive retail rates for overseas calling. NewGen Consultants have managed these contracts and carrier relationships for a major telco within South Africa and are able to offer managed service solutions within Interconnect departments
- Commissions/Incentive Management
- Assist companies to design and model incentive solutions that take into account quota allocation, territory coverage as well as to make quick adjustments throughout the year.
- Implementation and management of automated incentive calculation systems.
Incentive management within companies has become an important cost driver, correct management of incentives paid can lead to a clear alignment of sales to company objectives and assist with achieving predictable sales results. NewGen assists companies to design and model incentive solutions that take into account quota allocation, territory coverage as well as to make quick adjustments throughout the year. NewGen thus assists companies to take control of their sales force and consistently and reliably achieve on their sales targets.
NewGen delivers the above by way of utilizing industry leading systems as well as harnessing years of experience from its consultants. Utilizing the correct Incentive calculation system enables companies to accurately measure achievements and to correctly and automated to calculate the sale incentive, thus reducing incorrect payments and disputes. These systems also incorporate Dealer management portals, thus allowing outside parties to access their information online, furthermore reducing the need to queries. These Incentive management systems deliver in many areas:
- Integrated territory and quota allocation solution enables aligned sales coverage
- Flexible, easy-to-use rule-based compensation plan design drives well defined go-to-market strategies
- Robust modelling and expense projection capabilities eliminate earnings surprises
- Support for multiple business units and multiple currencies drive global deployment
- Out-of-the-box support for compensating direct sales and partner channels
NewGen assists companies with the:
- Evaluation process and “best business fit” analysis of these solutions
- Implementation and integration process of these systems
Support and maintenance and managed service of these systems post implementation.
Talk to a Business Optimisation Partner